We’re starting to ramp up work to make CaptainCon 2015 a reality and a key part of that will be artwork. Artwork for the Kickstarter campaign, for the posters/banners, for the programs, on the t-shirts, and on all manner of other things. To that end, we’re actively seeking artists interested in doing a bit of commission work for the convention. If you’re interested, drop us an email at neprivateers (at) gmail.com, preferably include a link to an online portfolio or examples of your work.
In brief, here’s what we’re looking for:
- Main convention graphic – a large piece suitable for printing on banners/signs and the backs of t-shirts. This could be a still-life, a battle scene, a character drawing, etc. so long as it fits the themes of pirate/privateer (historical, steampunk, science fiction, or otherwise) and/or tabletop gaming in flavor.
- Ancillary work derived from the main graphic – horizontal divider images, a called out detail image suitable for printing on a badge or other small item, “decorative bits” for sections of our program, etc.
We can talk more details once the team has seen an example of your work, but the bare basics of any piece accepted are that:
- You need to provide each piece of art electronically in two formats – a high-resolution vector graphic (EPS, AI, PDF, or similar) and a raster format image (PNG, JPG, TIFF, etc.) of the same original art piece.
- The artwork can be full color or black and white.
- The work must not include anything that is intellectual property of a company/game or too closely tied to one particular game or fictional setting.
- Must be “PG13” in nature – no profanity, pornography, extremely graphic violence, or racists/sexist content.